March 11, 2021
Attention Family Members and Responsible Parties,
We are very excited to announce our transition to the re-opening of the facility. We will be following CMS guidelines. We will begin visits Monday, March 15, 2021. Outdoor visits generally pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow. Therefore, visits will be held outdoors whenever practical. However, weather considerations or resident’s health status will be considered for controlled indoor visits. We are encouraging visitors to become vaccinated when they have the opportunity to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following is a list of rules for the visits. These rules MUST be followed if you wish to participate in these visits. Any infraction of the rules will result in termination of the visit and cancellation of other visits. Our utmost concern is our residents’ health and well-being. We remain COVID free and want to continue to keep our residents safe and healthy.
Unfortunately, residents that are isolated for Covid will not be allowed to have in person visits. Isolated residents can have virtual visits and window visits. To set up virtual visits please contact Social Service Department.
We want to reiterate how important it is to follow all the rules.
Anyone wanting to make an appointment for a visit will need to contact the Social Service Department. Each resident will be allowed TWO (2) visits a week with two visitors. The visitors may NOT switch during the visit at any time. If the visitors have been vaccinated please let the Social Service Department know when you are setting up the appointment.
The visitors will need to be screened when they arrive at the front entrance. When the visitor arrives at the facility, an employee will screen the visitor and take their temperature at the door. We will also screen the residents before they are brought for the visit.
Visitors MUST bring their own masks for the visits. If a visitor arrives without a mask, they will not be allowed to visit. The masks must be worn properly – covering both NOSE and MOUTH at all times during the visit.
After the screening, proceed to the designated area where the visit will take place.
Please review ALL of the rules in the attached document.
Please be on time – the visit will not be extended if you are late.
Thank you for your patience understanding and assistance in following these guidelines.
Mercy Rehab & Care Center understands that families and residents are eager to visit each other. However, our main priority is keeping our residents safe and COVID free. We reserve the right to modify the schedules of visiting as needed based on our resident’s health and wellbeing, including weather considerations.
1. Each resident will be allowed one visit per week.
2. Two visitors will be allowed to visit at a time. We cannot allow switching of visitors during the visit. No one under 18 years age will be allowed to visit.
3. Visits should be conducted using social distancing; however, if the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to briefly have close contact (including touch) during a visit, while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. Regardless, visitors should physically distance from other residents and staff in the facility.
4. Visitors must wear masks appropriately (covering both mouth and nose at all times) throughout the entire visit. Violation of this will result in cancellation of the visit and no further visits will be allowed. Visitors MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN FACE MASKS. If a visitor comes to the facility without a face mask, they will be asked to leave immediately.
5. Visitors must schedule an appointment with the facility to visit a resident.
6. The facility will also screen visitors on arrival with the CDC symptom checklist and a temperature check. Visitors displaying symptoms will not be allowed to participate in visits.
7. Residents with active COVID 19 infection, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not allowed to participate in outdoor visits. Residents receiving visitors will also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist prior to the visitor’s arrival.
8. Visits are limited to designated areas only. Food and drinks are not allowed during the visit. Smoking will not be allowed during the visits.
9. CDC requires separate ingress and egress for the visits.
10. If the visit is outside visitors will not be able to enter the building at any time. If the visit is inside the visitor will be brought to the designated visiting area and will not be able to go to any other areas of the building.
11. Visitors must honor any requests made by supervising staff. Violation of this will result in cancellation of the visit and no further visits will be allowed.
12. Be on time – if you are late, the visit end time will not change.
Outside visits will be held ONLY on Monday through Friday at these times:
10:00 am to 10:30 am
11:00 am to 11:30 am
1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
3:30 pm to 4:00 pm
These are the Screening Questions. When the visitor arrives, their temperature will be taken as well.
1. Do you have a fever of 99.5 F or greater? Yes No
2. Do you have a cough? Yes No
3. Do you have chills, including repeated shaking with chills? Yes No
4. Do you muscle pain? Yes No
5. Do you have a sore throat? Yes No
6. Do you have a new loss of taste or smell? Yes No
If any questions or answered in the affirmative or the visitors temperature is 99.5 or above, the visit will not be allowed.
All families and responsible parties will be receiving emails and letters with the above information. Please work it out with your family members for the visits – the facility will only schedule appointment for 1 (ONE) visit a week for each resident.